In today’s competitive marketplace, companies must offer flexible shipping options to keep up with consumer demands. Considering the diverse types of goods available today and the ease of ordering items, a one-size-fits-all shipping option is impossible. Many industries rely on a transport and logistics company to move their products to consumers, across town and across the country. What should you look for in a transport and logistics company? A logistics company should have a history of solid performance, delivering top quality transportation services, at competitive prices, while consistently exceeding customer expectations. It’s important that a third party logistics company, a 3PL, has the experience, technology, and knowledge to efficiently transport all types of products. A 3PL must be able to provide fast, safe, and reliable transport and logistics services through the entire supply chain. Flexible and experienced 3PL companies support many industries including: building, packaging materials, high value, hazmat, machinery, food and beverage, imported goods, and paper products.
An experienced 3PL, East Coast Transport LLC, provides logistics services for a variety of shipping options including intermodal transportation, expedited services, full truckloads, oversized and fragile freight, less than truckloads, and full freight management.
What do these logistics services entail?
- A full truckload of freight takes up the entire truck and is usually compiled of oversized freight, non-perishables, or hazardous freight. Refrigerated, flatbed, and dry van trucks all transport full truckloads, carrying up to 44,000 pounds and 48 pallets.
- With LTL (less than truckload) shipping, carriers ship small amounts of freight from multiple customers. Although the truck gets filled, each customer occupies a portion of the truck, and they pay only for the space they occupy on the truck.
- Oversized, hazardous, and fragile freight require special equipment and packaging. Also, some goods have particular handling and regulatory needs. A 3PL, knowledgeable in specialized transportation services, is required in certain situations.
- Intermodal transportation involves the transportation of goods in one container using a variety of different modes of transportation. This form of transportation reduces costs since the goods are not handled frequently and the route uses less stops to get the goods to their final destination.
- Shipping and delivering goods faster than normal, by offering expedited services, is necessary in today’s fast-paced environment. A 3PL customizes expedited services to fit your needs, and has experience with local couriers, same-day delivery, and overnight shipping.
A 3PL should be innovative, updating and adding new technology to manage all aspects of transport and logistics, from the planning stages to delivery. Coordinating all facets of the supply chain, there are several factors to consider when looking for a transport and logistics company.
Key Factors in a Transport and Logistics Company
- The type of cargo being transported determines the type of transportation required. An experienced 3PL will know what is required to ship a product. For instance, perishable items must be transported in a refrigerated truck (reefer), while heavy equipment requires a flatbed oversized load.
- A 3PL can assess your supply chain and make recommendations in all aspects of freight management including transportation, tracking, technology, safety, warehousing, and communications.
- It’s important that a 3PL is adaptable to market demands and transportation opportunities, making adjustments when required, as this affects an organization’s bottom line. A 3PL knows how to handle situations during the transportation process, such as bad weather, delays, breakdowns, and driver issues.
- Transporting freight efficiently and safely ensures deadlines are met and customers are happy while keeping costs down. To keep up with delivery demands, freight must be moved quickly at an affordable price through a reputable 3PL.
Why Choose East Coast Transport LLC as your Transport and Logistics Company?
East Coast Transport LLC understands the logistics industry and regulations, and has an extensive network of transportation providers moving all types of freight. Advances in technology and increased competition have created unique customer demands in logistics. At East Coast Transport LLC, we continually invest in our technology and people enhancing our productivity, accuracy, and performance as a transport and logistics company. East Coast Transport LLC has been the recipient of many performance awards thanks to our customer focus and core values. Our mission is to be the best Logistics Service provider in the industry.
East Coast Transport LLC, provides 24 hour tracking, tracing, temperature monitoring, and competitive rates for every load. For over 40 years, we have supplied transportation services tailored to specific business needs, delivering customer satisfaction every time. Call East Coast Transport LLC today to discuss your logistics and transport requirements at 800-257-7877 or contact us via our website.
Meta Description: There are many varieties of transport and logistics companies to choose from. Here are the key factors to consider when evaluating their services.